Tuesday 24 February 2015

Knowledge...Nothing Else Matters

Before diving into this game thinking that you will quit your job, and sail the world on your diamond plated yacht, you have to realize that there is a lot to learn. In fact, the wealth of knowledge is never ending. Every single day I am learning something new, and a lot of what you learn is simply through trial and error. Yes, that's right, error. I have made many mistakes, I don't get angry or upset by them, I use them to learn. I make sure to never repeat the same mistake and thus I become better at what I do.

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"

--Thomas Edison

Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither is a successful flipping business. Before I purchased my first item I had spent 3 months trawling the flipping community, absorbing as much info as possible. It takes time, and it takes quite a bit of reading between the lines. If you have an item making a lot of ROI (return on investment) would you be willing to share it? Of course not. You learn what makes money when people decide to share their hauls, or brag about big wins. Lots of time they reveal just enough information that you use to piece together and find out what is worth picking up. Spend enough time reading about an others experience and soon enough you will know what to look for. 

All of my knowledge and information comes from two places.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Flipping
https://www.facebook.com/groups/thriftinglounge

Start with those two wells of knowledge and go from there. The flipping community is larger than you would think and there is plenty of other sites to learn from, not to mention very informative youtube channels.

No comments:

Post a Comment